Did you know that it is possible, for even the most anxious dental patient, to have a relaxed, comfortable visit to the dentist? Sedation dentistry offers numerous benefits for both the doctor and the patient. Periodontist Dr. Steven Rice provides several types of sedation dentistry in his Rockville, MD, practice, which has had a significantly positive impact for his patients who suffer from dental anxiety or require extensive dental work.
5 Benefits of Sedation Dentistry You May Not Know
- You will not be fearful or stressed out. Sedation dentistry will melt the anxiety or fear you have of dentistry tools, needles, and pain.
- You will feel virtually no pain. The anticipation of pain is one of the most common reasons people avoid the dentist or periodontist. With sedation, you will be completely comfortable. With intravenous (IV) conscious sedation, you will not even remember the procedure. It produces a feeling of euphoria as well as an amnesia-like response.
- Sedation dentistry options are tailored to what is right for the patient. Dr. Rice, for example, offers local anesthetic, oral sedation, and IV conscious sedation. These varying levels of sedation offer solutions for mild to severe anxiety.
- With every type of sedation dentistry, you are still able to respond. If you are asked about your comfort or given a direction, you will be able to answer our periodontist.
- You will get out of the periodontist’s chair much faster. Patients who opt for sedation dentistry often sleep right through their procedures. Not only does this make the visit go by faster for them, it actually allows our periodontist to perform the procedure much more quickly.
If you think you would benefit from sedation dentistry in Rockville, MD, call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Steven Rice. Our experienced periodontist would like to help you conquer your dental fears and get your smile back on track.Talk to US About an Appointment