May is Women’s Health Month, so naturally it is the perfect time to take stock of your current well-being as well as your future goals. Regularly evaluating your dental health is important, since it has been found to be linked to your general health. If you have lost a tooth due to disease, decay or injury, you should visit Dr. Steven Rice, a periodontist in Rockville, MD to evaluate whether you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Why Dental Health Matters
Good dental care includes daily brushing, flossing, and regular visits to your dental care professionals. This is important for multiple reasons. First, keeping your teeth and gums healthy enables you to eat without problems. Second, gum disease has been associated with other diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and more. A healthy smile allows you to project a positive physical appearance. If you are missing one or more teeth, you should consider getting dental implants.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are made of titanium and set into the jaw bone, whereupon they fuse with the existing bone. Unlike fixed bridges and dentures, which often require alteration of adjacent teeth and have the possibility for future problems, dental implants are a long-term solution. Their benefits include:
- Feeling natural. Since they mimic real teeth, you can eat any foods you want without worrying.
- Being easy to care for and maintain. Just brush and floss daily as you would with regular teeth.
- Acting as placeholders in your mouth. They prevent damage to surrounding teeth and also stop bone loss.
- Being made of titanium. Their durability means that they will last for a long time and potentially a lifetime.
- Providing confidence. They improve the appearance of your smile, and since they are permanently embedded, there is no worry that they will slip or move.
Schedule a Consultation in Rockville, MD
During Women’s Health Month, make sure to regularly address your dental health. Schedule an appointment with periodontist Dr. Rice in Rockville, MD today to discuss how dental implants can support a healthy mouth and smile.Talk to US About an Appointment