If your smile is affected by receding gums in Rockville, MD, you may be noticing your teeth becoming more sensitive, looking longer, and they may even feel loose! If this is the case for you, there is hope with the help of the Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a minimally invasive treatment for receding gums. This treatment is highly specialized and only a handful of dentists, like Dr. Steven Rice, are certified to perform it. If you are looking for more information on the Pinhole Surgical Technique, we have created a helpful FAQ to help answer your questions and get you on the path to healthy gums!
- What is the Pinhole Surgical Technique?
- This minimally invasive treatment is an alternative to traditional gum grafting. Instead of taking tissue from your own body, we will gently reposition your existing tissue over the exposed roots. This process involves no scalpels, sutures and has minimal bleeding with nearly instant results!
- How many teeth can be treated?
- With the Pinhole Surgical Technique we can treat any number of teeth quickly, often during one appointment. Since there is no actual surgery, we can quickly correct multiple sites of receding gums.
- Does the procedure hurt?
- We will give you a local anesthetic, but most patients report very minimal discomfort. Thanks to how minimally invasive the procedure is, the healing time is very quick.
- Who can perform the Pinhole Surgical Technique?
- Only certified doctor can perform this procedure. Dr. Rice has taken extra training to be allowed to perform this minimally invasive technique effectively. By seeing our certified periodontist you will be on the path towards healthy gums.
- How long do the repairs last?
- With proper care of your teeth, gums and diet, you can expect the results of the Pinhole Surgical Technique to last for many, many years. As we age our gums naturally begin to recede and some patients may be genetically predisposed to receding gums, so in the future you may see a slight recession again.
If you have noticed any symptoms of receding gums in Rockville, MD, please contact us today to schedule an appointment. Dr. Rice can see you in a timely manner and help get you back to an attractive mouth with healthy gums again!Talk to US About an Appointment